Cellucor C4 is one of the most-popular pre-workout supplements on the market. It features a concentrated formula and small scoop sizes, both of which attract consumers by the droves. Not only that, but C4 packs a wallop in the gym and will give you some of the best workouts of your life. But why is C4 so effective?
Let’s take a look at the ingredients label and briefly highlight what each major ingredient does:
C4 Pre Workout Ingredients
- • Beta Alanine powder: Improves carnosine levels and reduces fatigue
- • Creatine Nitrate: Improves water retention and boosts muscle growth
- • Arginine AKG: Improves protein synthesis and libido levels
- • Vitamin C supplement: Improves overall wellbeing but also shows promise in boosting energy levels
- • N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine (NALT) supplement: Increase the production and efficiency of neurotransmitters
- • Caffeine Anhydrous powder: Boosts energy levels and increases focus
- • Mucuna Pruriens: Increases the brain’s capacity to produce neurotransmitters and protein
- • Bitter Orange: Boosts energy and attacks the body’s fat stores
- • Niacinamide: Increases energy levels and focus
- • Folic Acid: Helps the body make new cells
- • Vitamin B12: Helps with normal functioning of the brain and nervous system
Whew. Quite a list. Individually, these supplements promise and deliver on any number of benefits to the body. But taken on their own, you may not notice much of an effect, or if you do, it will be minute.
However, taken altogether prior to a workout, the synergistic effect is tremendous. Your energy levels skyrocket, your focus hones, and your body sets itself on a one-way train to muscle growth and fat loss.
You really cannot ask for a better combination of ingredients in a pre-workout supplement, but what if you don’t have the cash on hand to buy a major name brand blend?
This is where bulk supplements come into play. Nearly all of these ingredients are available for purchase in bulk. At first, bulk prices may seem steep, but when you break down cost by serving, that is where you will see the real savings. If you are looking to invest in long term pre workout supplementation, check out this break down of Cellucor C4.
|Supplement||Serving size||Amount for at least 100 Servings||Cost|
|Niacinamide||1 capsule||100 capsules||~$4.00|
|Folic Acid||1 capsule||250 capsules*||~$3.00|
|Vitamin B12||1 capsule||100 capsules||~$5.00|
|Total Per Serving||$0.56|
*500g Creatine provides 100-166 servings
*500g Arginine provides 100-166 servings
*50g NALT provides 142 servings
*5g Bitter Orange provides 250-500 servings
*250 capsules of folic acid is 250 servings
The largest variant Cellucor offers contains 60 servings and costs $49.99, which breaks down to $0.83 per serving. However, as you can see by buying bulk, you save $0.27 per serving with some extra left over supplement to do with as you please.
This may not seem like very much, but if you are committed to this particular blend, then you can increase your bulk purchases to save even more. For example, if you bought enough to create 250 servings that would cost you around $106 dollars, breaking down to $0.42 per serving and still leaving you plenty of left overs of multiple supplements. That is a savings of $0.41 per serving. Looking at it long term, buying 250 servings at a time will last you about 8 months and save you over $100.
It comes down to cost versus convenience. It is clearly more convenient to buy a premixed blend and call it a day. However, if you are on a budget, it is well worth your time to invest in a digital scale and some gelatin capsules as the DIY method clearly lands you some big savings.